Dear Connect Smart partner,
As you will be aware, the Minister of Broadcasting, Communications and Digital Media, Hon Clare Curran, has announced a comprehensive refresh of New Zealand’s Cyber Security Strategy and Action Plan.
A key component of the this refreshwill be ensuring a strong public-private partnership , at the earliest possible stage. We would like to invite you to a workshop session to discuss options for the Strategy refresh in greater detail and begin a conversation regarding opportunities for collaboration.
The strategy may focus on a number of areas, including:
- testing whether our institutional arrangements are optimal;
- thinking about more structured engagement with the private sector;
- considering what more needs to be done to address cybercrime;
- expanding our international efforts and looking at deterrence mechanisms;
- focusing on the scope to build New Zealand’s cyber security industry and research capability, and to grow a skilled cyber security workforce; and
- ensuring that we approach new technologies with security in mind.
Workshops will be held at:
Monday, 30 April
Spark, 167 Victoria Street West
Tuesday, 01 May
KPMG, Level 9, 10 Customhouse Quay
Friday, 04 May
Canturbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce, 57 Kilmore Street
To RSVP to the workshop, please click here.
If you are unable to attend, but want to be part of the conversation, please email email@example.com.