The adoption of HL7® FHIR® is rapidly accelerating due to recognition of its benefits in reducing clinician burden, improving the exchange of quality measure data and enabling real-time patient, provider and payer data access. FHIR also provides a path to meet the federal interoperability and patient access rules.
The goals for this events are to:
- Educate the health IT community about HL7 FHIR, FHIR implementation guides (IGs) developed by the Da Vinci Project and the CARIN Alliance, and real-world uses
- Help participants prepare to meet the CMS/ONC rules
- Engage providers, payers and partners to join the growing collaborative FHIR community and directly access all of the free and open resources
This event will support individuals and organizations at all levels of HL7 FHIR expertise:
- For FHIR naïve organizations, basic FHIR education and additional implementation guides (IGs) will advance their expertise and allow them to kickstart their FHIR development activities and understanding
- Organizations already working with FHIR but not yet implementing the IGs will better understand the relationship of these IGs to the federal rule requirements and learn from early adopters
- Those who have already begun implementation of these guides will be able to test their implementation with others
Monday, April 26
Tuesday, April 27
Wednesday, April 28
Thursday, April 29
Friday, April 30
10 AM – 5 PM Eastern Time
(Times subject to change)
Who Should Attend?
- Payers (Commercial, Medicare Advantage and State Medicaid)
- Application developers
- HIE organizations
- HIT vendors
- Non-technologists working in healthcare (Executives, managers, analysts)
How Do I Register?
Online registration is available until 5 PM Eastern time on Thursday, April 22, 2021. For your convenience, payment can be made via credit card directly on the website.
New for the April edition is the five-day format, with the first day providing a high-level, comprehensive overview, the final day focusing on real-world demonstrations and the other days covering focus areas.
MONDAY: The Big Picture
- Session 1: Overviews of FHIR, APIs and Business Opportunities in a Value-Based Care Landscape
- Session 2: FHIR 101, Reading FHIR Implementation Guides, US CORE Education
TUESDAY – THURSDAY: Focus Area Deep Dive Tracks
- TUESDAY: Prior Authorization Burden Reduction
- WEDNESDAY: Clinical Data Exchange, with a focus on Patient/Provider/Payer Access APIs including CARIN IG for Blue Button®
- THURSDAY: Quality Measures, Gaps in Care and Member Attribution
FRIDAY: Real-World Experience
- Demonstration Day, Early Adopter Panels and Moving Forward
Participants may choose to attend every day or only the days that cover topics meeting their learning objectives. Every morning offers a keynote address with a big-picture perspective. Afternoons allow participants to dive into the IG details.